The Secure Stop is part of a popular range of tried and tested security solutions. The Secure Stop is designed to secure your window, preventing intrusion, whilst still allowing air ventilation into your room. Ideal for sash windows on upper floor levels, they can be opened by hand in case of an emergency for egress, without the need for a key. The Secure Stop is available in 4 different finishes covering the traditional to the more modern: Polished Brass; Polished Chrome; Satin Chrome and Satin Nickel.
- Manufactured from Brass and mild steel
- Available in 4 different finishes: Polished Brass; Polished Chrome; Satin Chrome and Satin Nickel.
- Heavy-duty window lock with a large brass stopper.
- 31mm stopper sizes available to span a large gap at the meeting rail and ideal for large windows.
- The Secure Stop is ideal for fire egress because the stopper can be removed without the need of a key for quick egress from the window
- 4 plugs are supplied – 2 for each side of the window, one plug for locking and one plug for ventilation.
- One plug is placed directly above the meeting rail. The stopper is screwed into it, it gives added security, as a secondary locking device, the sash cannot be opened in the event of the main fastener being tampered with.
- The second plug is fitted 100mm above the meeting rail on the top sash. Once the stopper is screwed into this (instead of the plug above the meeting rail), it stops the sash opening further, providing security when the window is open.
- Opening the sash by 100mm acts as a night vent, allowing piece of mind that the window cannot be opened from outside when asleep.
- The stopper is screwed out when not in use and kept in a safe place.
- The pack is ideal for one window and includes 2 stoppers, 4 plugs and 2 strike plates
- The Secure Stop is very easy to fit, requiring 2 or 4 holes to be drilled.
- Demonstrates good strength, hardness and durability in this application.
- Brass demonstrates good corrosion resistance in its application
- Has good corrosion resistance, however, prolonged use outside could tarnish the surface.
- The Secure Stop is non-load bearing and therefore is not subject to the requirements of BS EN 14351- 1 that govern CE marking of safety devices on windows.
- Fire regulations compliant because it is non-lockable.