Reddiseals Reddipile® Weatherpile In Meeting Rail Seals are recommended within the industry and made to the highest possible standards in our own factories. The Weatherpile is inserted “inline” and provides Draft and Weather proofing in the window. The Meeting Rail Seal is designed for 8mm gaps at the meeting rail and fits on both the top and bottom sash to “interlock” and provide a good seal at this point. Each Meeting Rail seal has central leg, which push fits into a 2.7 – 3.0mm groove and provides a very tight fit. The pile is supplied already inserted in the carrier (which has a pip in the groove) which makes it a tight fit, stopping it falling out when handled. The carrier and pile are UV stable and weather resistant. This product is sold in 2.2m lengths and is supplied individually or in tubes of 30. It is available in white only.
- Meeting rail seal fits to the front face of the meeting rail on the top sash and the rear face of the meeting rail on the bottom sash
- White finish
- Supplied with 5.5mm weatherpile pre-inserted
- The 2 seals “interlock” to form a seal at this point
- Each seal has a central Leg that push fit’s tightly into a 2.7 – 3mm routed groove.
- The centre leg carrier is supplied with pile inserted. The carrier has a pip in the channel of the extrusion, which stops the pile from falling out of the carrier.
- There is a “V groove” along the flat section of the seal for the application of stainless steel or galvanised pins to further fix the seal to the sash
- The 2 meeting rail seals provide a seal 40mm wide with 2 x 5.5mm weatherpile seals in an 8mm gap
- Ideal for renovating sash windows with a wide gap at the meeting rail
- Can be used on newly manufactured windows
- Maintains an excellent weatherproofing at the meeting rail
- Water repellant and UV stable making it highly weather resistant.
- Can withstand wide variations in temperature making it effective in most environments
- For use with an 8mm gap between the meeting rails
- Central leg ideal for timber windows with carrier inserted by machines.
- All technical product drawings are in metric measurements