Reddiseals Dawson Pivot Hinge is ideal for use on minimalist windows where clearly visible hinges would detract from the overall aesthetics. Designed for the window to pivot horizontally, the hinges fit centrally, left and right between the sash and the frame allowing the window to be pivoted 180° for cleaning purposes. The hinges are adjustable to suit the weight of your window. Manufactured from brass and supplied in pairs, one left and one right; they are available in a choice of two finishes, Polished Brass and Polished Chrome
- Manufactured from Brass.
- Available in a small and large version
- Supplied in pairs
- Available in 2 different finishes: Polished Brass and Polished Chrome.
- The hinges fit centrally on the vertical sides allowing the sash to pivot horizontally.
- The design of the central pivot allows for a good air flow. Warm air can exit the window at the top and cooler air can enter through the bottom, creating a good flow of air into the room.
- The hinge is rebated all the way into the frame with just the bolts and the top of the hinge in view, giving a low profile aesthetic to the design.
- Ideal for an 8mm gap at the sides.
- Features dual side fit plates that are rebated into the sash and frame.
- The sash can be rotated 180° to clean the outside of the window.
- Two bolts can adjust the resistance (friction) of the hinge to suit the weight of the sash.
- Maximum sash weight for the Small pivot is 25Kg.
- Maximum sash weight for the Large pivot is 45Kg.
- Brass has a low friction surface, making it a good choice for moving parts in this application.
- Brass demonstrates good corrosion resistance in its application
- Has good corrosion resistance, however, prolonged use outside could tarnish the surface.
- Patent application no. 1412483.8.