Reddiseals acoustic seals are ideal for new build or retrofit applications. The Double Flipper Seal demonstrates good deflection recovery, very good performance, good tear strength and good acoustic properties. Fitted directly onto the timber frame, it provides excellent draft and weatherproofing, eliminating the need for routing. Ideal for timber casement windows, it can be used on the top or bottom of sashes if required and in timber doorsets. It is UV stable and easy to clean and maintain. This product is supplied in 8 x 2.1m lengths. It is available in white or brown.
- Base is manufactured from Rigid PVC and the flippers are manufactured from PVC Nitrile (which is a highly dynamic flexible form of PVC)
- 1 pack = 8 x 2.1m lengths
- Seals a gap: 2.0 – 4.0mm.
- High performance self-adhesive tape.
- PVC base adds rigidity to the insertion and retention of the seal.
- Resistant to most paints and stains.
- Demonstrates good tear strength, which is important in a flipper application.
- High deflection recovery.
- Lower opening and closing forces on the window than a bubble seal.
- UV stable.
- Acoustic tested in accordance with BS EN ISO 140-3:1995. In a 54mm deep timber door set with a specialist acoustic core, the bubble seal achieved an acoustic rating of 43db.
- Complies with the requirements of Approved document E, guidelines on acoustic resistance to the passage of sound in timber door sets.
- Independently tested in a timber door set for smoke leakage to IFCC 1002. (Independent testing done on specific door types and does not translate as evidence for every door).
- 100,000 cycle tested with no loss in air leakage performance.
- Fits directly onto the surface of the timber beading, just peal off the backing strip and apply to the timber.
- Can be used to seal the top and bottom of a sash window.
- May also be used in door applications.
- Universal application