Reddiseals Sofseal range has been constructed to maintain maximum performance over the lifetime of your window. When used in Timber window applications, it demonstrates excellent deflection recovery, high memory boasting an 80% recovery rate, excellent insulation and good acoustic properties. A universal timber seal for use with Reddiseals parting beads, staff beads and plastic carriers, it provides excellent draft and weatherproofing. The Sofseal Bubble is an excellent alternative to weatherpile. This product is supplied in 50m coils. It is available in white or brown.
Use the appropriate Router bit for the carrier used.
- Rigid (base) insert is manufactured from Polypropylene, the foam is polyurethane and the skin is PEVA.
- Supplied in 50m coils on a sealed cardboard reel.
- Suitable for carriers 4.8mm
- Seals a gap: 1.5 – 2.5mm.
- Designed for use in all Reddiseals parting beads, staff beads and plastic carriers.
- Polypropylene base insert foot adds rigidity to the insertion and retention of the seal.
- Resilient to most paints and varnishes.
- Excellent deflection and high memory, boasting an 80% recovery rate.
- Exceptional compression over extended temperature range and UV stable.
- Non-toxic, resilient coating will not shrink or stretch in extreme weather conditions.
- Provides excellent insulation.
- The bubble has a greater contact area with the window, than a flipper seal.
- Low opening and closing forces on the window.
- Not affected by mould and mildew.
- Good acoustic properties
- Complies with the requirements of BS EN 12365-1 Building Hardware – Gasket and weatherstripping for doors, windows, shutters and curtain walling.
- RS91 has been classified under BS EN 12365-1 as – W 3 5 5 7 1
- Fits into any Reddiseals parting beads, staff beads and carriers
- Fits all around the sash and frame for draft and weather proofing.
- Simply cut to the required length and slide into the channel of the carrier.
- Ideal for use in windows with a gap of 1.5mm – 2.5mm.
Cut SofSeal to length. Press one edge of the base into the carrier/timber groove, making sure the entire length is inserted.
Repeat the process for the opposite side. Press the SofSeal firmly into the gap.
Run your finger along the entire length of the base, to compress the seal into the channel.
The SofSeal is now fitted in your carrier or timber groove, ready for use.